Travel Grants and Awards
2017 SSA Travel Grant winners
LACSC and SSA Travel Grants
IASPEI and LACSC Student and Early-Career Award
IASPEI and LACSC have established an award to be given to a graduate student (M.Sc. or PhD student) or to an early-career researcher attending the 2018 Seismology of the Americas conference. The award in an amount of up to $1,500.00 USD will be given to the best student or early-career presentation (oral or poster) during the 2018 joint meeting. The award is meant to cover the registration fee and part of the traveling expenses to attend and present a paper at the IUGG General Assembly in Montreal, Canada, April 2019.
The LACSC/IASPEI Award Committee established the following criteria for the candidates:
- If you are a student (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) you must be registered at or have very strong research links with a LACSC country.
- If you are an early-career researcher you must have completed your PhD in 2009 or more recently, and be less than 40 years old (born in 1978 or later). At present the early-career researcher must be working in or have very strong links with a LACSC country.
If you meet the above criteria and want to apply for this award, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the following information included:
- Name of your affiliated institution
- If you are a graduate student, Ph.D student, or Early-Career Researcher
- Your date of birth
- The name of your abstract and the session
The deadline for application is April 30th.
IASPEI/LACSC Travel Grants for Graduate Students and Early Career Researchers
IASPEI/LACSC travel grants are available to Latin American and Caribbean students and early career scientists.This grant provides partial support to help with travel and lodging. Applications will be accepted from 2 January until 24 January 2018. An abstract must have been submitted by the applicant at the time of the application. Successful applicants will be announced by March 1st.
SSA Travel Grants
The SSA Travel Grant application period is now closed.
Modest travel grants are available to international SSA members, student SSA members and persons traveling from European Seismological Commission member-states who wish to attend the SSA Annual Meeting. All grant recipients must submit an abstract as first author and must present their work in either an oral or poster session at the meeting.
- The International Travel Grant is available to SSA members who must travel from outside the US to attend the SSA meeting.
- The Student Travel Grant is available to SSA student members who must travel more than 500 km (311 miles) to attend the meeting.
- The ESC/SSA Travel Grant is available to anyone traveling from a member-state of the European Seismological Commission. This grant is provided under a cooperative agreement between SSA and ESC. Click here to see the list of ESC member-states.