If needed, SSA would be happy to write a formal letter of invitation to assist you in obtaining a U.S. Visa.
To request a formal invitation, please email Rikki Anderson at email@example.com. In your email, please include your name, abstract number, and the mailing address you would like your letter sent to.
- Talk Time: All oral presentation slots are fifteen minutes total, including the time it takes for you to be introduced and answer any questions. It may be beneficial to plan your slide presentation for no more than twelve minutes, so that you will have time for everything.
- Uploading Your Slides: All presenters are required to upload their slides ahead of time, which allows everyone to use the full fifteen minutes on their presentation. Please bring your presentation materials to the meeting on a flash drive to upload in the Speaker Ready Room (Gardenia C). You must upload your presentation at least one hour before the start of your session.
- Equipment: You will not be able to use your own laptop for your presentation. Instead, you will have access to a show PC laptop, an LCD projector, a wireless remote and a laser pointer. The Speaker Ready room will have an exact copy of the tech session set up where you can practice your presentation.
- Slide Format: We will supply PC laptop computers that will have Windows 10 with Office 16 and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Any presentation created in another program such as Keynote, OpenOffice, LibreOffice, Google Docs, etc., will need to be converted to either PowerPoint or PDF. If you are using Prezi, you will need to save it so that it will work while offline.
- Please bring all media files (photos, audio clips, videos) with you when you upload your talk in the Speaker Ready Room, even if you have embedded them in your talk. There are no limits on file sizes, either for the presentation or media files.
- Please note that the computer network will not have internet access. If your presentation requires internet access you will need to make arrangements for this in the Speaker Ready Room.
- The projectors use wide format (16x9). Your slides will appear in their entirety regardless of the screen’s aspect ratio. We suggest that you use the wide format, if your slides are 4:3 there will be black bars to either side of your slides.
- The usable space of each poster board per poster is 3 ft 9 in high x 7 ft 7 in wide (1.1 m x 2.3 m). Please have your poster up sometime before 8:30 a.m. the day of your session (the room will be available as of 7 a.m.) and take it down sometime after the final poster viewing time that same day (usually around 5:30 p.m.). We will provide push pins to be used to hang your poster. We suggest that you also post a notice with the specific time(s) you can be expected to be at your poster to discuss it.
- The poster boards will be numbered and assigned, you will receive the number for your designated poster board at the registration desk when you pick up your badge.